Humor blog? Be still my heart. I must be doing something right.
- Come up with a good title right off the bat. It is confusing for your readers when you end up changing your blog's name, like every single day, for instance.
- Try not to care if anyone reads your blog. Seriously, just try.
- Hire Edna to edit. She is looking for a different gig anyhow.
- Respond to comments. Don't freak out when someone comments like I used to do. The first time I got a comment from someone I didn't know, I crawled under my bed and didn't come out for a day. What do you mean strangers are reading this stuff?
- Don't write about anything that will hurt, offend or cause a restraining order to be filed against you...Ask permission or disguise that story about your relative or co-worker as an allegorical tale featuring woodland creatures. And that thing you were going to post about your mother? Think again, Young Grasshopper, think again.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, if not after every meal. This is just plain good advice.
- Use pictures. They sure jazz up the joint.
- Read other people's work. And try to read other stuff too, like books, for instance. Seriously, they can be good to read.
- Keep posting. Keep posting. Or is that keep coughing? I can never remember.
- As much as you will want to spend all your time on-line playing with your new bloggy friends, it is really important to do other things and connect with other people. It is important to have fleshy friends too.
- Stop at 10 when you make any sort of a list. It's convention for a reason. You don't have to get all creative with everything.
Go ahead and click on the teeny envelope icon and send this post to a friend. Don't be jerky and claim that you wrote it because I wrote it, damn it.