And the Winner is...

ME! I won the coveted Meme Award!

My first Blogger Award.


Here it is! Ain't it great?!

I received word of it when I was busy with Hank Torgit and Babette, so I let the award sit in the corner for a week. Then, when they left, I had to study for a big-ass test I took yesterday, so I let the award sit some more. Then, I fell in love with Muesli and totally forgot about the award.

But this morning I remembered! And it was like having my birthday all over again!

I won! Thank you Cat Lady! I am really touched and honored and only a little bit annoyed that I now have to divulge 7 quirky personality traits to the world in order to receive this award. I am a very private person. I am not the kind of person who goes around typing things up about myself for the world to see.

What the hell am I talking about? I am just that kind of person.

So here it is: 7 quirky personality traits-

1. I can miss the obvious. Example- I have worked with kids my entire adult life, and just recently I realized that the reason they are so cute is because they have very big heads relative to the size of their bodies. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. I love having someone to hate. Life is better when I have a villain in the picture. Then I can rant and rave about my villain and blame everything on him/her.

3. I can be a bit superstitious. Yesterday, I felt ready for my exam because I wore my good luck underwear, didn't shower in order to keep the good luck dirt on me and was delighted when I took a great big good luck dump before leaving the house.

4. I like soup. Is that a personality trait? I think so.

5. I second guess myself sometimes.

6. I am shy. Seriously. I know it doesn't seem that way but that is only because I know you so well and am really comfortable around you.

7. I am not a born risk taker. But I am learning that in order to really live fully, you have to take risks sometimes.

Seven traits revealed, I now get to pass the award to seven worthy bloggers. So now, without further ado, I bequeath to the following, the prestigious Meme Award.

1. Hawaiian Pun over at Write in the Kisser. He was the first stranger to write something encouraging about my blog. And he is really funny.

2. Steamy at Steam Me Up Kid because she used the transitive property in a post once. That is worth an award. She is pretty much brilliant.

3. Hank Torgit at The Midwest Palace. You should visit his blog and read the posts about bugs. But don't get too attached. Hank Torgit has been on a very long blog haitus. This is a real loss for all of us. He is really funny. And he is my brother.

4. Chris at Margueritaville because he is a principal at a school and he uses the f word in his posts. Plus he is an amazing story teller and he is really funny.

5. Gwen at Everything I Like Causes Cancer because I got a really great tea recipe from her. And then I discovered that she is hilarious.

6. Spudballoo at Chez Spud because I have to make it up to her because I keep making her spit wine onto her computer screen. I think that this may be her second Meme, but she deserves it. She has a beautiful blog.

7. B at Cuttings On A Blog because she inspires me.


And there you have it! Thanks again Cat Lady!!




Go ahead and click on the teeny envelope icon and send this post to a friend. Don't be jerky and claim that you wrote it because I wrote it, damn it.

8 Response to "And the Winner is..."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin